Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Update: Celebrate Sun with Lots of Booze Edition

What a weekend it was, kittenes. I may *never* recover.

Friday, I left work a few minutes early (yay!) to meet Min and his boyfriend, Derek at my house. Unfortunately, they got stuck in beltway traffic and were a bit late (like FIVE HOURS!!! ... ok, maybe not *that* late, but, still ...).

We metro'ed into DC to meet Tomoko and Robert at Halo for happy hour, and Min invited a friend of his, David, to join us. 3 gin and tonics later, I was well-lit and ready for food! So, we all walked over to Alero for MARGARITAS! Mmm. Needless to say, we were all feeling a bit happy. And some of us (David) were feeling a bit happier -and friendlier- than the rest of us. Very touchy-feely. Before he could pass out in a basket of chips and salsa, Min poured him into a cab and we continued with dinner.

Saturday? vuboq v. hungover. Min and Derek? Clomping around at 8AM. EIGHT! A.M! *augh* Vuboq made lots of coffee and confined himself to the sofa for the day. Ah. Sofa. We like the sofa.

Min and Derek left around noon to meet another friend for brunch. I took a nap. And, then, I got up and took another nap. Naps are good.

Later that afternoon, I decided I had to get out of the house, so I wandered up to the Whole Foods to buy food for dinner. I also picked up a bottle of wine at Adega. Mmm. Wine.

Dinner was super-yum! I'm having leftovers for Meat-Free Monday tonight, so photos and stuff later (possibly tomorrow). Somehow I drank the entire bottle of wine while watching Cho Revolution (eh. not sure I really understand the Margaret Cho Love) and chatting online and AUGH! being scared by HUMUNGO THUNDERSTORM! LIGHTNING! THUNDER!

Sunday morning. Slightly hungover. But not too bad. In the afternoon, I headed to the Circle. Met Robert there. We sat in the sun for a bit, and then ended up at Larry's on 18th St drinking beer. Lots of beer. And from there, guess where we went?

Give up?

ALERO! for Margaritas. Surprised?

Then, I ended up chatting online with friends until after midnight.
I am feeling slightly crankified.
But should be better after another cup of coffee or two.

*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. I hope you are taking good care of your liver but alcohol makes things happier on many occasions :-)

    You should do the super hangover remedy I usually do. That way, you will not have a hangover and it really does work and is proved scientifically :-)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My cousin gave me her old sewing machine, and I am just about ready to sign up for the classes. Are we on our way to world domination by needle and thread?
    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time for SAM at Alero Cleveland Park.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you stay so slim with all that drinking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. shigeki: You need to share your secret hangover remedy! Please?

    esther: We ARE! The worlds is OURS!!! Seamstresses Unite!

    tomoko: Good idea! Perhaps next weekend, after your big move?

    gayprof: I don't eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good God but you're a lush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. goblinbox: Kettle, this is Pot. You're black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it sounds like you reached the 21 drinks = moderate threshold in 3 days! woohoo! let's have an afternoon margarita party to commemorate the occasion!!!!

    ReplyDelete