Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Non-fiction Me

Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm living my life like it's a book in porgress ... and not a particularly good one. I feel like I'm always reworking my life stories, accessorizing them with bits and bobs, coating them with sparkly sequins, attempting to make them less mundane. I combine, twist, and stitch my memories into thoughts that are more interesting.

And, I think I want to strip all that away and reveal the non-fiction me, but who would be interested in that?

3 comments:

  1. I would. My everyday self is quite boring, but I've never had the energy to make up a different one. I don't have a *lot* of friends, but the ones I do have are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean like "porgess and bess?" how jazzy! keep the sequins. they're dazzling. it's better to cover up than to reveal, nonfiction is so not now.

    ReplyDelete