Monday, May 07, 2007

Is It All About the Dead Dog?

I have been misty-eyed and mopey all day. I'm beginning to wonder if it's just about learning of Oscar's death. Hidden away, I held this hope that John and I would eventually be on friendly terms. When that happened, we would get together every few weeks chatting about life and eating take-out Chinese, and I could visit with Oscar.

Now, there isn't anything that ties me to John other than memories. All I have left is this aching empty feeling.

Hope is the thing with feathers ...
I really need to stop reopening old wounds.

3 comments:

  1. it's probably good that you are grieving Oscar. But you really need to let go of John. if a friendship was to happen because of "good friendship reasons" (not nostalgia for some past) then it will, but not now. Now you need to heal, let go, find peace and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Stop. And you should sew the old wounds with your Singer sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does not deserve your pain.

    ReplyDelete