Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Meat-Free Monday: Oops Edition

I did take a picture of my Meat-Free Monday meal; however, I didn't upload it to Eugene. So, oops. No photo this week. It was leftovers anyway, but I'm going to pretend like it wasn't.

Here's what I had: Cucumber, Red Onion, and Grape Tomato Salad on Spinach with a BBQ Vinegrette and Twisty Pasta with a Spinach Pesto.

The spinach pesto was the star. OMG. So yum. I followed a basic Joy of Cooking pesto recipe, but instead of basil, used spinach. It was like 2 cups loosely packed spinach, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup pine nuts, 2 cloves of garlic, and 1/2 cup of olive oil.

Oh, and instead of parmesan cheese, I used fulvi pecorino romano, which looks like parmesan cheese but is made from sheep's milk. So, it's very strong and flavorful. Total yumminess. Of course, as I ate it, I couldn't help but think, "Mike would hate this." I smiled and ate more.

Not much else exciting is going on. Perhaps, I'll think of something interesting later on ...

*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Goatmilk products kick ass. Goats are some funny folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goblinbox: True. but ... um ... what does that have to do with this post? *smooches*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned sheep, so I mentioned goats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. goblinbox: um. like. ok. *backs away slowly*

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum! i love spinach. i wonder how it would taste with asiago cheese :)

    ReplyDelete