Saturday, May 05, 2007

Susie McSewingMachine

Here's a picture of my new sewing machine. I looked up the model number, and she was made in 1955 in Scotland. Aye, Lassie. The Singer website didn't have an instruction manual for my model, so I've emailed them for assistance. Hopefully, they will get back to me soon.

When I got home from work last night, I made a martini using Plymouth English Dry, the New York Times best martini gin. With the first sip, I thought, "OMG, I'm never using Bombay Sapphire again!" I don't think it's as good as Leopold's Gin (from Ann Arbor), but it was quite lovely. Perhaps a bit too sweet (but that could have been my fault with too much vermouth), but a nice citrusy taste with lingering juniper flavors. Mmmm. Quite the martini experience.

Then, I met some neighbors at Mandalay for dinner. So. Very. Yum. I tried a noodle dish I had never had before. It was totally awesome.

After dinner, I waddled home, watched the end of Thank You for Smoking, and blobbed around the house. Good times, yo.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

4 comments:

  1. Yea for good martinis. The Singer looks like it might have its own personality. I hope it doesn't turn into a gay-version of Steven King's Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gayprof: VUBOQ hopes the same. However, if he doesn't blog for several days, it may be because he's been sewn to the sofa. Send help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, christine. except your version would be singer'ita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Thank You For Smoking.

    ReplyDelete