Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mary, Mary in Two Part Harmony

Part 1: Mary, Mary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

With sweet basil and parsley

With cilantro and dill
And with starting to sprout thai dragon chili peppers (circled for your viewing pleasure).

Part 2: Mary, Mary, Why You Buggin'?

Experimental cooking ... (since Meat-Free Monday didn't happen this week) ...

Chickpea salad - chickpeas, cucumber, tomato, red onion, serrano chili
Dressing - lemon juice, garlic, serrano chili, and Chipotle and Citrus BBQ Sauce

Chilled, then

Served over hot rice (which had a slight bug infestation, but I think they all floated to the top when I dumped the rice into the boiling water ... eh ... little extra protein).
Spicy! Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. meat-free monday didn't happen??! you ate meat? say it isn't so! i know, i'm just yanking your chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww. I think I just threw up a little bit in the back of my throat. Bugs in the rice... ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've eaten that exact same rice!

    ReplyDelete