Friday, May 18, 2007

The Times that Try Men's Souls

*cough*
*hack*

Vuboq feels like crapola. Crapola that's been run over by a truck hauling hogs to the slaugherhouse. Crapola that's then been scrapped scraped [Happy now, Mush?] off the road with a Teflon spatula, shoved into a 1950s white and blue Corning Ware casserole dish and microwaved on high for 14 minutes.

Throat sore.
Head congested.
Nose a little stuffy.

WAH!

Needless to say, I will not be attending happy hour this evening. Going to the Whole Foods. Buying provisions. Then, going home to self-medicate.

Maybe I can work on updating my resume for the job ...

8 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, dear. *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. :( I would make you an awesome batch of mashed potataoes for comfort food. Why are all the boys I know getting sick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww poor you-boq.

    you might be sick, but your blog is great.

    don't look for a new job. you have the best commute! tho i loved the sound of the ewg job 4 u. that's a great org. why not just apply and say you can lrn on the job? and start posting envirowonk a lot, to build it up 4 when u apply to grist. it's your calling. u r a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. I hope you feel better soon. It's Victoria Day weekend here, and you're not allowed to be sick.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww! i hope you feel better real soon.

    when my friend's wife would feel unwell with a cold, he would make a miso soup with mushrooms and hot chili. for her it's a real comfort food and helps her sinuses clear up at least for a little while.

    at least you'll probably feel better for your long weekend a week from now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna break the trend and not start with "awwwww". Get better soon Mr V!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See what all that kissing and sex leads to?

    I kid -- I kid. I hope that you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHY IS VUBOQ NOT ON IM? IS VUBOQ HOME SICK?!?!?!?! Get well, Vuboq!

    ReplyDelete