Monday, April 02, 2007

Weekend Update: Cough Hack Edition

Morning, Kittens.

So, let's run down the excitement of the weekend:
I caught a cold and spent the entire weekend indoors, napping, knitting, and surfing the web. *woot*

I am blaming the boss [No, not Bruce Springsteen, *my* boss]. He was sick on Thursday and out on Friday. It is all his fault. I hates him.

Needless to say, the potential date on Saturday did not happen. We chatted on Sunday morning. The reason he did not return my call was that my phone message was garbled and staticky. Stupid cell phones. Why do they always crap out at the last moment?

It's probably a good thing, though. I needed to stay in.

So, Saturday night, I watched In the Mood for Love, which I thought was amazingly beautiful. Tony Leung is super HOT. *rowr* And, can I just say I totally*heart*ed Maggie Cheung's 1960s dresses. They inspired an idea for once I get my sewing machine and learn how to use it! I'm so excited. And, I know it will be the Next Big Thing. *heh*

Sunday, I did nothing but nap and knit. I finished my wavy scarf and started on a long overdue present for someone [who reads this blog and I want to keep it a surprise]. Hopefully, I will finish that in the next two weeks.

pab leaves for China today, so I called him last night to wish him safe travels. I'm nice. What can I say? If he brings me back a crap souvenir, it's definitely over. Even more over that it already is!

No plans for today. It is Meat-Free Monday, so do your part for the environment by enjoying a delicious Meat-Free Meal! I haven't decided what I'm going to make yet. Perhaps something with squash ...

*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon! Spring has come! It's almost SAM season! Though SAM has become seasonless lately....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for reminding me about In the Mood for Love. I meant to watch it forever ago, and just totally forgot...

    ReplyDelete