Thursday, April 26, 2007

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme

When I got home from work yesterday, I took an old aluminum pan and filled it with potting soil. I made about 16 holes and placed 2 or 3 chili pepper seeds in each one. I covered them with more soil, sprinkled them with water, and covered the pan with plastic wrap.

Voila! Instant mini-Greenhouse.

I placed the pan on a table under the window. Hopefully, in about a week, the seeds will sprout.

I am farmer. Hear me roar!

My sweet basil and parsley are also looking good. The few surviving sprigs of cilantro and dill are also hardy and strong.

I am wondering if I should transfer them to outside or leave them in my kitchen window sill - which, admittedly, would be more convenient for cooking.

This weekend, I will scatter the marigold seeds in the mulched area under my window in hopes that they will be growing by the time I plant tomatoes there next month.

Mmm... tomatoes. Very excited about having home-grown tomatoes.

In other news, I did laundry. I knitted. And, I watched Tsotsi, which was an absolutely amazing, beautiful film. Loved it.

I am supposed to go to a Johnnie Walker tasting tonight, but I think I am going to cancel. So tired. Not sleeping well. I want to go to bed now.

Plus, I have a big weekend ahead - planting marigolds, experimental felting in the kitchen sink, knitting, cleaning the bathroom, hanging pictures. I need to rest up.

*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. you finally saw Totsi! glad you liked it. can you plant tomatoes in the yard? can I make a litte rice field there? then we don't need to go grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my brain all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marigolds? You can't eat them!

    Well, I'm sure you can, but I don't think they'd taste too good. If I'm gonna hear a farmer roar then all your space needs to be used for productive plants!

    Grow some dope. Supplement your income. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss growing things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh tomatoes are the very best.

    You should keep your herbs inside, and plant new ones outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. shouldn't you be plowing and not roaring? stop confusing me.

    ReplyDelete