Wednesday, April 18, 2007

VUBOQ Contemplates $1300 of Eyewear

I had fun at My Eye Doctor, trying on all sorts of interesting frames, which I've narrowed down to three. I will probably end up buying two (which with insurance and discounts will be considerably less than $1300 ... hopefully).

Unfortunately, I could only find 2 of the styles on line. The unpictured glasses are Bellagio - they have a shiny silver half-frame, are very narrow, and are fairly unnoticeable. Conservative, classy, not memorable.

Here is Frame 1:
Etnia Kiev in Yellow/Brown. I actually look good in these. My concern is the wide side thingies.

Here is Frame 2:



Scott Harris in "Brown," even though they are RED. I look good in these too. This pair would be my "work" pair, as they are slightly more conservative than the Etnia. Unless I buy the Bellagio frames. Then, these would become my "fun" pair.

I need to call and make an appointment soon. And also consult again with how much my insurance will cover.

Any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Get the wacky Etnia Kievs. If ya gotta wear glasses, WEAR GLASSES!

    I need new glasses so bad it's not even fuhneh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one with yellow but I am sure it would limit your outfit selection since yellow doesn't go with every color... I sometimes get jealous of those who can wear glasses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron J. Clarke2:33 PM

    I say get both, you are made of money, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Frame 2. I agree with Shigeki that the yellow on the sides of Frame 1 would be hard to accommodate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it all depends on how (if at all) the yellow part blends in with your skin tone and how it interacts with your bone structure. it potentially is verstile. i would say try them, take pix, and then poll the people..

    ReplyDelete