Friday, April 13, 2007

DeFunkify

I am ready for Spring. Where is it?

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be one of those years for which DC is famous: It's cold. It's cold. It's cold. We have 3 days of nice weather. And, then, it's 100 degrees for 3 months. *ugh*

Granted, I'd much rather be hot (I am!) than cold. Still ... some relatively mild, sunny weather would be nice too.

I think the crap weather is affecting my mood. So my goal this weekend is to defunkify. I need to make plans. I tried to make a date with one guy, but, although he seems interested in meeting, he never seems interested in actually setting a time/day/place. So weird.

Making plans is iin my nature. I hate not having something to do over the weekend. I hate waiting around for spur-of-the-moment activities, because sometimes they never *spur* and I'm stuck at home alone. Other people can be as spontaneous as they want, I want to have things written on my calendar.

I like having something to look forward to :-)
Don't other people?

Anyway, I need to get on the stick and work on my weekend plans. So far, I'll be happy houring tonight (more than likely). Tomorrow, I've been invited to a neighbor's 30th birthday party. I'm still waivering about going, because I will not know anyone there (except the neighbor and his wife). Unless some other neighbors show. I need to check the evite to see who's responded.

I will probably end up going, if only as an opportunity to meet new people.

More later. *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Go! We all need to meet new people and turning up to things where you don't know anyone is a really good way!

    As for having things written on the calendar, I'm trying to avoid it. I've found that looking forward to something seems to be a surefire way to make it a let down. All my best nights out are the ones that just seem to happen unplanned.

    But that's probably just me. Have a great weekend whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't have it both ways. You want plans, but don't like the plans that you have...

    Go to the party! Unless something better comes along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think you should go to the neighbors' party. It's exciting to meet new people-- doesn't always turn out to be pleasant, but that's part of the excitement.

    I try to put stuff on my calender but the problem is that i forget to look at the calender. So it's a bit useless this way. And I change my mind so often, commitments can be torture for me. But I understand they are NECESSARY to keep a social life of some sort (which I like).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a wee bit of a total control freak, dear, but yes I do think most people like to have fun things penciled in.

    Do you never just lie around and do nothing over a weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the party is on Sat night I am planning to go but I don't really understand the invitation.I need to look at it again. So, since Joe and I will be there now you HAVE to come. Anyway, Joe really likes you, in a straight way I think. He likes your many interests and your intelligence and your humor.

    ReplyDelete