Monday, April 23, 2007

Dream Lover

On Friday night, I had a weird dream.

I dreamed about the Cheating Cheater who Cheated. He was teaching at a local college, and I met him one day after work. I had not seen him since we broke up. He was limping, because he had been wounded in Iraq. We went out to a bar, a straight bar and one in which he was a regular. And this is the weird part ... as we were sitting there on the bar stools, enjoying our drinks and chatting, he put his arm around me.

Back when we were dating, one of the little things about John that irked me was that he was not one for public displays of affection ... even in the "safe" context of a gay area of town or a gay bar, he was never demonstrative.

I guess I missed that.

4 comments:

  1. Non-demonstrative lovers are no good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I totally relented about PDA's (as Liar Ex (Who Told Many Lies) was opposed to them as well). That is something that I will not compromise over anymore.

    It sounds like your dream was all about the unresolved issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was bugging me, but I knew that this post reminded me of certain song lyrics. Finally, I put my mind on it: Ashanti's "Foolish," which wisely states: "So sad, so sad
    what love will make you do
    all the things that we accept
    be the things that we regret."

    Okay, so it was a lot of work for not much payoff. Still, I knew there was some song to reference here.

    ReplyDelete