Friday, April 27, 2007

Sit on My Face and Tell Me That You Love Me*

Query: If one were to buy enough booze to fully stock a bar, what should one buy? Please leave your suggestions in the comments below. *love love smooch*

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes ...

As some of you may know, I am a stats whore. I use both statcounter and sitemeter, and I check them frequently throughout the day (and night). Last night, I had a bit of a shock ... someone from DC found my blog by googling my supersecret identity. This mystery person then proceeded to read every entry I wrote during the Hell Week that ended with my breakup with John. This mystery person also uses the same internet provider as John. Was it John? I don't know.

And the not-knowing has freaked me out a little.

*[For full comedic effect, sing the title of this post as Denyce Graves would]
[For full understanding of the title, you would have had to have been a counselor at NC Summer Ventures in Science and Mathematics at Appalachian State University in the Summer of 1992 ... or was it 1993?]

"would have had to have been" ... *whew* anybody know what verb tense that is?

10 comments:

  1. Um -- I would say that it is very likely that was John. How does that make you feel?

    For a bar, I would suggest that you need tequila (Patrón, perhaps?). This would lead you to also needing Cointreau and fresh limes. Margaritas all around!

    Also, don't forget the important mixers: Rose's Lime Juice, grenadine, tonic, the blood of a virgin, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booze: Vodka, gin, tequila, rum, scotch, Amaretto, vermouth, cointreau, Triple Sec, bitters, Amaretto, Bailey's, kahlua, Buttershots.

    Mixers: Coke, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, orange juice, Sprite, sour mix, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, simple syrup, Rose's lime, soda & tonic water, tomato juice, half & half, coffee.

    Garnishes: maraschino cherries, limes, lemons, salt, sugar, olives, onions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I hate when that happens. A few months back someone local googled my dx/fanboard name, found my journal, read several of my entries, and commented anonymously on one about relationship troubles. No one I know ever 'fessed up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vuboq, you make me afraid to use the internet because ppl will somehow know the dum things I google. But it wasn't me. I did however read your Cheating Cheater Who Cheated Cheatfully history, and I found it pretty riveting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gayprof: I'm not sure how it is making me feel, other than slightly creeped out and, perhaps, not as willing to be forthcoming on the blog. This, too, shall pass. AND, the Whole Foods doesn't seem to carry Blood of a Virgin. Where to you get yours?

    goblinbox: Holy Smokes, GB. How am I supposed to afford all that? Thanks for all the suggestions.

    Marve: Anonymous commenters are kind of annoying. I want people to admit who they are :-)

    Esther: I wouldn't worry about your weird google searches. Most people, I think, aren't as weirdly obsessed with blog hit statistics as I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is creeeeepy. why are you obsessed with the stats of the blog?

    no ideas about the bar thing. what happened to your glasses? did you pick one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. bala wala shi: I guess I like to know who is reading me. My rescheduled eye appointment is for Tuesday. Then, I will pick out which glasses I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it could be john, or it could be a person who's going through something of the same ilk. if it's john then he'll learn what a true heel he was and maybe repent more than ever his stupidity.

    as to the bar, mush covered it all pretty well...oh, you can get frozen fruit for frapees (or however it's spelled) for neat tasting cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  9. If one were to buy enough booze to fully stock a bar, what should one buy?

    Just buy my fridge mate.

    PS. I think it was conditional past wasn't if? Or is it subjective past? Shit, I can't remember, I don't do English....!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS. I wrote a post about your title. I got two personal emails within minutes saying they were pissing themselves. So thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete