Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Little Help Here ...

As some of you may know, I dabble in short story writing. I am working on an almost final revision of the second story I wrote for my class this past term.

I have this vague memory of reading or hearing a quote many, many years ago, which I thought was attributed to Virginia Woolf; however, I can not find any reference to it. I've asked a few friends, who are more literary than I, and searched Google to no avail. The quote is along the lines of: "Who knows what goes on behind the green velvet curtains?" and is, I think, pertaining to the idea that Victorians were complete prudes in public, but their private lives remained secretive and, possibly even, scandalous.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, please please please please please let me know either by commenting below or emailing. I will be most appreciative. I may even knit you something.

Other than that, last night, I emailed The Date last a -hopefully- more mature version of the Grade School "I Like You. Do You Like Me? Check One" note. He has not responded, even though I did see him briefly online. I will take that as a "no" and move on. The nice thing about only having one date is that one isn't overly invested in the whole process. This, of course, is going to segue into a post for later concerning yesterday's #5: Dislike of rejection and how it influences people's life path.

I also did laundry. Clean sheets! Clean towels! *woot*

3 comments:

  1. "Do you like me?"

    "Yes" ... CHECK
    "No" ...
    "Maybe" ...

    As for the green velvet curtain quote, I don't know. I tried googling it and YOU are the number one entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: Thanks to the most wonderful cousin, I think the phrase I was incorrectly remembering was behind the green baize door. I still can't find an exact quote, but I can use the concept. *woot*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was thinking it was some kind of reference to the wizard of oz hiding behind the curtains pulling strings and pushing buttons.

    ReplyDelete