Wednesday, July 12, 2006

These Dreams

After a night of fairly intense and slightly disturbing dreams, I remember waking up early this morning and being in that state of not-quite awake/ not-quite asleep, that point where I was aware of my surroundings, but still felt like I was dreaming. Combine that feeling with my very imperfect vision and the objects in my room and the shadows they cast take on new shapes and meanings.

As I peeked over my covers towards one of my closets, I saw the creepy evil character from Ju-on (The Grudge) hovering over me. GAH!

36-years-old and still cowering under the covers, trying to convince myself that a) the creepy evil character from Ju-on isn't really there and 2) um? hello? she's a movie character; she doesn't really exist anyway.

Eventually, I fell back into a fitful sleep, but once it got a little lighter, I checked again to make sure she wasn't there.

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh, how I wish he'd go away

--William Hughes Mearns

2 comments:

  1. I hardly ever remember my dreams. I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have bad dreams all the time. in fact, my dreams tend to be on the very active, technicolour that only paxil's generic replacement can create. i talk in my sleep so much it's a family joke.

    ReplyDelete