Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm Not As Think As You Drunk I Am

*whew* I'm done.

TB100 asked two questions; however, since I have never "messed around" with a girl [beyond very simple making out - and that has only happened maybe twice?], I can only respond to his inquiry about the first time I got drunk.

It was a slightly snowy Saturday night in October of my Senior Year in High School.

Our marching band entered a contest at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. My brother was a sophomore there, so my friend, Brian, and I asked if we could spend the weekend with him - to get a taste of college life. To our amazement, our parents thought it was a good idea.

After the contest (our band didn't do very well, but the Drum Majors -meaning ME and, my friend, Roya- won a third place trophy! Go us!), Brian and I headed over to my brother's dorm room. We hung out there for awhile and then went to dinner. Later, we went to the apartment of one of my brother's friends. That is where I had my first taste of that yummy elixir of life, gin!

Gin and 7-Up. Yum. I took a few sips and said, "It tastes like I'm drinking pine trees." I drank a lot of pine trees that night. I don't remember much of what else happened ... we went to some parties; we went dancing; I woke up curled in one of those big papasan chairs in my brother's room. Hm. How did I get there?

Fortunately, with youth comes easy intoxication and rather mild hangovers. Even given that fun experience, I only had alcohol one more time during that year (on another band trip, actually).

College, on the other hand, was an entirely different story ...

1 comment: