Tuesday, July 25, 2006

He Who I Hated

In response to my desperate plea for ideas, the Love Lemming asks, "Enviroboi, I would like to know about the kid you disliked the most when you were a small boy."

Suprisingly, given how much hate and venom I spew now, I can't really think of anyone in particular I disliked when I was a small boy. I vaguely remember a boy in cub scouts when I was around 8 or 9, but I can't remember why I didn't like him or, actually, anything about him other than his name - Greg.

The next person I can remember actively disliking was a kid named Paul Smith (I think. I'm pretty sure Smith was his last name. Not so sure about the first name. Actually, wait, Paul Smith was the cute friend of the guy I disliked. Hm. What was the guy's name? Bah. I can't remember. Let's call him "Frankenstein.").

Anyway, my family moved to Stallings, NC, when I was 10. We lived there for a very, very long two years. I hated Stallings. It was flat and boring and hot and humid and smelled like a sewer. I suppose most of the people who lived there were nice enough, but *BLEAH*.

Frankenstein was the son of friends of my parents from their college days. He was a year older than I, and I have no idea why he didn't like me. In fact, I don't remember ever having an actual conversation with him. He was a classic bully. He liked to tease me and he -so I heard from my brother- liked to talk bad about me to his friends.

Then, as now, what people think of me is not very high on my List of Important Things in My Life. I don't even think I understood half of the names he was calling me. So, I ignored him and went on my merry (er ... mary) way.

It was harder to ignore his super-cute friend though.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you escaped Stallings. Frankenstein will probably live and die there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-cute friends are hard to ignore.

    ReplyDelete