Monday, July 10, 2006

NYC Virgin No More

Nyc @ nite

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Didja miss me?

New York City was a total blast! I've posted a few cell phone pics on my flickr site. I plan on uploading more from my digicam later today (stay tuned).

I arrived Friday afternoon, and Alison's apartment (on W. 38th and 6th) was an easy walk from Penn Station. I did have to trample a few annoying tourist en route though. I chilled out at her place until about 6, when I left to meet Tomoko and Emiliano to go to Nida and Nehal's wedding party.

T&E and I first made a stop at the Tribeca Grand Hotel's bar, aptly called Church. AND that's the kind of Church I like going to! *heh* We, then wandered to the party site, one of Nehal's coworker's penthouse apartment, which had wonderful views of the river. The weather was perfect - sunny, mild, cool breezes.

We left the party around 10:30 (I think). I had many Bellinis, so I'm not exactly sure. And headed to a bar/club that Jake suggested - Crobar. Alison joined us there. $30 COVER! GAH! EXPENSIVE DRINKS! NEW JERSEY VIBE! WEIRD REMIXED 80s HAIR BAND MUSIC! STRAIGHT PEOPLE!

Gay clubs are so much more fun.

We danced for awhile, but ended up heading back to Alison's apartment around 1. We gabbed until nearly 3. So. Very. Tired.

Saturday, Alison and I met Jake at a cute little falafel place, called Chickpea, near Union Square. We ate our lunch in Washington Square Park, while checking out the local hotties. Then, we walked to Christopher and Gay St. Then, we walked some more.

And, some more.

And, some more.

Still, it was fun.

After awhile, we ended up taking the train to Central Park for a free concert: Hakim! The Lion of Egypt! AKA Wayne Newton singing in Arabic! I loved it. Alison and Jake? Not so much.

We left. Alison went home. Jake and I went to a bar somewhere near Hell's Kitchen (correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, Jake), called Barrage. It was fun. The bartender was cute, even though he had unnaturally long arms.

Around 7, we met Tomoko and Emiliano, Alison, and Nida and Nehal at a Thai Restaurant. I can't quite remember where it was ... maybe near the Astor Place subway station? Good food. Fun conversation.

After that the group split up, with me, Jake and Alison heading back to her place to get ready to go out. We went to a bar called Therapy, which was cool. Nice space. Cute guys. What more does one need? Tomoko joined us later. We sat. And talked. And drank. It was fun. I'm not sure what time we left, though. I think it was pretty early, but we'd (meaning *I*) had been drinking since around 6.

We got back to Alison's place ... she wanted to eat so we went to this all night deli near her building. Then, we crashed.

Sunday morning, we got up. Blobbed around. And headed to the train station. I was still a little drunk. My hangover hit somewhere between Trenton and Philadelphia. *geh* So, I slept the rest of the way home.

I got home around 4:30 or 5. Mike and I arranged to meet at the Lebanese Taverna Cafe in Silver Spring at 7:30. We ate, walked back to my place, and had lots of sex. He left a little after 10. I went to bed about an hour later.

All in all, a pretty fucking fantabulous time.

*smooch*

PS. Don't forget today is Meat-Free Monday! Do your part for the environment, and enjoy a meat-free meal sometime today! Post pictures and/or comments to get many Meat-free smooches!

PPS. It would seem that I forgot to mention a very important part of my weekend activities:

Alison lives in the same building the Project Runway 2 cast lived in! AAAH! So Excited! Stay tuned for VUBOQ as Andre leaving the building photos!

4 comments:

  1. the Thai restaurant, Klong (got to love the name), is near Chickpea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous. You had so much fun! I want to go to Manhattan with you! And eat falafel! And hang out with Jake! And drink!

    The pics are awesome! MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It worked! It's monday evening and I read your comment and thought "Oh shit, forgot about meat-free...." then rememered "It's ok, I'm in Aus! we're allowed to do it on tuesday!" Yey! TT hasn't even noticed the last couple of weeks!

    Glad you had a good time in NYC. I'm getting itchy feet. Fancy putting up with a visitor for couple of nights?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only if you promise not to projectile vomit all over my apartment, Only Me. I already have kitty vomit of joy. I don't need any more.

    ReplyDelete