Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Possibly Mildly Depressed?

I've been wondering how the whole Cheating Cheater Who Cheated Cheatfully ordeal has affected my mental well-being, so I took an online depression screening test.

My results:

You scored a total of 17.

You appear to be experiencing some very mild depressive symptoms, most of which are commonly found amongst the general population. It is unclear as to whether you suffer these problems severely enough to need to seek further diagnosis and treatment of them.

However, an 18 would mean borderline depression! This is all John's fault. Grrr.

I also have borderline mania. [I blame the recent online shopping sprees and thinking about sex with Mike all the time.]

As far as alcoholism is concerned:

Your alcohol usage exceeds safe-use guidelines, either in terms of how much alcohol you are consuming, or in terms of how your alcohol consumption appears to be affecting your behavior. While you may not be an alcoholic, you are drinking too much and are definitely at risk for health and social problems. You are urged to drink less each time you drink, and to drink less frequently.

Nice to know I'm not completely fucked up.

6 comments:

  1. You know some instant pudding would do wonders for your depression :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting for you to deliver it. What's taking you so long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you. :) You're not fucked up at all. Trust me on this.

    Alcohol-wise, well, I didn't think you drank *that* much from what I can glean from your blog but then again it's frequency with which you drink rather than the amount each time that matters more to your liver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You scored a total of 33.

    You appear to be suffering from mild to moderate depressive symptoms commonly associated with depressive disorders. These symptoms appear to be causing you some noticeable signs of impairment and distress, and would likely benefit from the attention of a trained mental health professional for further evaluation and a more accurate diagnosis. If your employer offers an Employee Assistance Program, you might also contact them for help and referral.

    and the Alcohol one:

    You scored a total of 12.

    Your alcohol usage exceeds safe-use guidelines, either in terms of how much alcohol you are consuming, or in terms of how your alcohol consumption appears to be affecting your behavior

    Very interesting, thanks for those links!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now know I am completely fucked up. No suprises there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being in total denial, I refuse to take either of those tests.

    ReplyDelete