Monday, July 17, 2006

Icy Asses and Other Things That Go Bump in the Night

When sharing a bed with someone new, you get to learn all sorts of interesting things about yourself ... and them ... like,

1) I'm a total covers hog, and
2) When I am being a total covers hog, the ass of the person with whom I am sharing the bed becomes like ICE. K-brrr.

And, although he does remember me saying "Your ass is FREEZING," he claims not to remember me nearly punching him earlier that morning.

As most of you know, I've been having disturbing dreams lately. Not nightmares, per se, simply very vivid, sometimes violent or scary, dreams which wake me up. Saturday night (or early Sunday morning), I dreamed that my home was under attack. People were breaking in the windows and surging through the house.

I tried to fight them off, but had to run upstairs to escape. I entered a bedroom. Inside, there was a man about to molest a young boy. I immediately made a fist and pulled my arm back so I could knock the living bejeebus out of him. Just as I was about to throw the punch, I jerked awake.

I was sitting up in bed, with my arm cocked, ready to hit Mike as he slept. I think my movement woke him up. He opened his eyes. I told him I'm sorry and we both went back to sleep. He doesn't remember any of it. I remember it all.

In other news, I'm thinking of giving a prize to my 10,000th visitor. I hope it's *you*! Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sound of a prize. I NEVER win anything! How many visitor's are you up to now? Reading your posts, I KNOW it will be a good one. :-D
    PS.I found your post thru Shigeki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page and look right above the "blogger" button, you'll see the counter. Right now, it's at 9910. GOOD LUCK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we have some time then. Anyway, I am amused by the fact that you are so alive when you sleep. The most exciting thing that ever happened to me was falling out of bed, but I never tried hitting the person next to me. You should be glad there wasn't a gun in that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a prize -- as long as it does not involve an icy ass.

    Well, maybe even then...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i already got my prize...hearing about your reaction to punch out the guy who was going to molest a child. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete