Friday, December 01, 2006

That Which Was Begun Was Finished

As I wrote yesterday, I ate an entire bag of potato chips for lunch and didn't feel quite right about eating an entire bag of microwave popcorn for dinner. Instead I wandered around Whole Foods after work randomly picking out ingredients for a bit of experimental cooking. This was the result:

Food

Assorted mushrooms, green squash (aka zucchini), tomato, corn, and 1/2 cup of fresh cranberries sauteed in olive oil and rosemary from the front yard. Served with a side of couscous, also cooked with rosemary from the front yard. It was surprisingly tasty. I liked the little *ZING!* the cranberries added.

Prior to dinner, I created a cocktail:

Eggnogtini

The Eggnogtini

1 part egg nog
1 part cold coffee
2 parts spiced rum
Shaken over ice, strained, and sprinkled with cinnamon!

It wasn't too bad, but not egg noggy enough, so for the next ... erm ... 3 that I drank, I left out the coffee and added more egg nog.

Finally, as I was watching Harry Potter movies, I finished my hat:

Hat

I sort of screwed up the seaming in the back and the stripes don't line up quite perfectly, but what the fuck ever. I *heart* my hat!

Meanwhile, I hate weather like today ... currently it's about 68 degrees. At some point this afternoon, the temperature is supposed to drop to around 30. degrees. THIRTY! It certainly made getting ready for work this morning a challenge. Layers, baby. It's all about the layers.

Exciting weekend plans include:
1. dancing at Apex
2. pottery shopping
3. margaritas

WOO HOO!
*many happy wintry smooches of joy*

Oh, and it's World AIDS Day. Wear a condom. All day. On your head. Or something.

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm sure it tasted better than it looks... your plate is cute though. Hmm, eggnogtini!, yum. Cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat probably eat anything that had cranberries in it.

    That eggnogtini looks great! I heart eggnog.

    The hat looks really cute on you!

    Oh, and we've warmed up to a tropical -15 degrees today! I plan to celebrate by wearing my cutest sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you don't want to know it's 86 here then? No, didn't think so. I suppose if I mention it's already the weekend here and we're all pissed that wont help either? OK, thought not. Disregard both of those then.

    As for the hat, "Will the real V-U-BOQ please stand up, please stand up..."

    Have a great weekend y'all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No offense, but that dish does not photograph well! But I see TK already said that, so I'm just compounding the insult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick cocktail. Nice hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate seaming, which is why I knit in the round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suddenly want to knit a hat shaped like a condom from cream-colored yarn.

    ReplyDelete