Sunday, December 24, 2006

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

As I suffered, hungoveredly, on the sofa this afternoon, I thought about my Christmas Wishes for my friends ...

Not that Christmas Wishes are things I traditionally make.

However, let's cast that aside for a moment as I try to verbalize the things I wish ...

For those of you who are in love, I wish that it lasts.
For those of you who want love, I wish that it finds you.
For those of you who are happy, I wish that your happiness never ends.
For those of you who aren't happy, I wish that happiness will embrace you.

And, as I write about my Christmas Wishes for you, I realize ... they are wishes for myself as well.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.
Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.
Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself
A merry little Christmas now.

I'll be getting up early tomorrow and hitting the road. Driving. Gah.
I hope your Christmas Day will be much more entertaining.

*Merry Christmas smooches*

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful wishes. Happy Xmas.

    ReplyDelete