Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend Updated: Babydoll Edition

Friday, I woke up from my disconap at 10PM and hopped in the shower. As I was drying my hair, Mike called. "I'm too tired," he said groggily. "I can't go out tonight."

We had planned to hit Apex for dancing, but, deep down, I think I knew it wouldn't happen. His call came at about 10:45. If I decided to go on my own, by the time I finished getting ready, caught a bus to the metro and took the train to Dupont, it would have been well after midnight ... possibly close to 1AM. There was no point in going.

I texted a few friends to let them know I wouldn't be there. Then, I made a martini (mmm) and knitted and watched Hairspray. Good lord. That is so gay.

Saturday, Mike picked me up and we met Robert at Hinckley Pottery, where Robert takes lessons. Jill Hinckley had her annual show. Most of her pottery is good, but not to my particular taste. I also think her work is too expensive for functional pieces.

After wandering through the studio, grazing on cookies and cider, the three of us headed to Alero for margaritas and liquid cheese. I had a craving for spinach enchiladas, but they are still not serving spinach. GAH! Haven't they heard? Spinach Crisis Averted!

From Alero, we staggered to Halo and, finally ended up at Green Lantern. You can read all about our adventures on Robert's blog.

We parted ways at Green Lantern. Robert went to his house and I went with Mike to his. Mike was very drunk. I don't think I have ever seen him that drunk before. He kept referring to me, and everyone else he spoke, to as "babydoll."

Back at his place, we talked for a bit, made out for a bit, went to bed, made out for a bit more, then fell asleep. I awoke v. hungover. We blobbed around in bed - talking and napping, until nearly 2PM. Then, got up, went to the grocery store, and Mike made pancakes for breakfast (at 3PM).

In the course of our morning chats, I learned that Mike didn't remember anything from the night before. He seemed shocked that we made out. And, I didn't feel like rehashing our conversations either.

Darryl came over around 4 or 4:30 with a bottle of champagne. Mike didn't feel like drinking ... I was like, what the heck, nothing like a little hair of the dog. The three of us ended up ordering pizza and watching the America's Next Top Model marathon on VH1. Of course, now, I am totally addicted and can't wait until the finale on Wednesday. Hopefully, Mike will remember to record it so I can watch it on Thursday or Friday.

Mike drove me home around 9PM, and I crashed around 10.

All in all, even with the not-so-great start, not a bad weekend.

Of course, today is Meat-Free Monday! Do your part for the environment by enjoying a meat-free meal! It's cold and Decembery out, so I think I'm going to make soup tonight.

Lots going on this week. The pre-Christmas frenzy is beginning and I *really* need to start on my Christmas cards and gift wrapping. GAH. And I need to clean my house and put up the purple tinsel Christmas tree. Ah! The holidays!

I also have a craving for hot buttered rum! If anyone has a good recipe, please share.

*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend. I'm making soup today too ... cream of potato with leeks and cheese. Very good.

    Hot Buttered Rum. (You make this in a crock pot.)

    Ingredients:

    2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup butter
    1 pinch salt
    3 sticks cinnamon
    6 whole cloves
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    2 cups rum
    heavy cream... whipped
    ground nutmeg

    Directions:

    Put all ingredients, except rum and cream, and nutmeg into crockpot. Add 2 quarts of hot water. Stir well. Cover pot and cook on LOW for 5 hours. Add rum; stir to blend. Serve from pot in warm mugs with a scoop of whipped cream and dusted with nutmeg.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks, Cooper! I'll have to figure out how to reduce the measurements for 2-3 servings though. Maybe I can just experiment ... fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cooper that does sound amazing!

    I hate alcohol induced amnesia, it's almost worse than having a hangover.


    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple tinsel Xmas tree?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, i wonder if mike remembers trying to make a connection between me and the butch military looking guy at the other end of the bar. i should confront him.

    ReplyDelete