Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Eve

Maybe it isn't really Christmas Eve, but my family is celebrating Christmas tomorrow ... having coffee and Christmas bread while we open presents and laugh at the gifts in our stockings.

I don't know about other families, but our stockings have always been stuffed with practical gifts. Things like dental floss. And chapstick. And deodorant. I guess that's a little odd. Or is it? Maybe the rest of you get things like that in your stockings too?

Seriously, I am kind of hoping for some new Mach 3 razor blades. Those fuckers are expensive.

I spent most of the day today knitting (I'm almost finished another cute hat! If you look good in yellow, let me know, and I'll think about sending it to you) and watching the ST:Voyager marathon on Spike. Hurrah for cable TV! I so love the Captain Janeway.

My brother and I met his v. pregnant friend for lunch. Thai food. Yum. I was supposed to meet one of my college friends, who was planning to drive through on her way to Raleigh/Durham. However, she did not make the trip today. Perhaps we'll meet up this weekend.

Oh. I was going to exchange the SUPERCUTE Tommy shirt Isa gave me for Xmas. BUT, I was waiting for Lori ... who never came. GAH. The shirt is too big, and I must exchange it here, because Belk Stores don't exist in DC. I hope they have the same color in my size. Because a) it's SUPERCUTE and 2) I will look EVEN SUPERCUTER (if that's possible) when I wear it!

The parents arrived around 3:30ish. We talked. Ate dinner. Played cards. And, now, will be heading to bed soon.

No other news. I like being with my family, but I am very much missing my cute little apartment and my psychokitty and my friends.

*happy winter solstice smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Janeway ROCKS! And Harry is so cute... *sigh*

    Happy Winter Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The festive season is best spent with family, even if we do secretly wish we were doing something else. I miss my family at the moment. Anyone else dreading the seasonal stuff should just ponder for a moment whether they'd dread it if the family were 10000 miles away.

    On a lighter note, "Seasons Greetings" to Mr Vuboq et al!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i was a kid Santa always left me a practical gift of chewing gum and chocolate.. it was very practical because normally the supply of gum and chocolate was strictly monitored by parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we miss you, too. come home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Voyager and was delighted that Spike started playing it.

    Have a good holiday -- whenever you celebrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooper1:27 PM

    We're doing the same thing today. I'm going to exchange the super-cute sweater that my friend S got me. It's too big. I hope they have a smaller size because I love it and want to wear it on my upcoming big holiday trip to your country, about which I may blog about (somewhat) in the very near future.

    Happy Christmas, vuboq!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're doing the same thing today. I'm going to exchange the super-cute sweater that my friend S got me. It's too big. I hope they have a smaller size because I love it and want to wear it on my upcoming big holiday trip to your country, about which I may blog about (somewhat) in the very near future.

    Happy Christmas, vuboq!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is the "you're like veal, only really really old" comment from?

    i seem to remember my stocking being filled with lumps of coal most of the time. perhaps that's why i'm so bitter. or at least a part of the reason.

    happy xmas! you get to celebrate again when you get to DC! you ARE the girl with the moist cake, i mean most.

    ReplyDelete