Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I Drove. Therefore, I Am.

I'm blogging from the brother's abode in sunny funny Greensboro, NC. His next door neighbor's gave their "differently abled" son (I think he might have Down's Syndrome?) a set of bongos for Xmas.

Bongos.
I'm hearing them through the wall.
Since I got here.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm in King Kong ... if only Adrien Brody would come rescue me.

This morning, I was hungover. Curse be the 2-for-1 happy hour specials at Halo. Curse them. Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurse them!

But, love them as well.

I managed to pick up the rental [red. Ford. Focus.] on time - 10AM and finished packing and cleaning and leaving out kitty food and hitting the road by a little before 11.

I have no idea if any of the clothes I brought match. Stupid late night drunk packing. I also think I brought a suitcase full of dirty clothes. Odd. I will need to do laundry at some point though.

The drive? It was insane. Have I mentioned I hate driving? The other cars? The bumpy road? The neverending whine of a rental car engine? The traffic accidents which cause a highway parking lot for approximately 45 minutes. Oh, southbound I-95, how I love thee. Let me count the ways. Hm... I don't love thee at all.

I made it to Isa's house at 3:30. We chatted. She gave me a really cute shirt for Xmas. I gave her rosemary. No parsley, sage, or thyme, though. I'll also eventually be knitting her something ... but she no like the wool and the wool is all I have right now. I shall make her something from the cotton. Next year. Perhaps in January.

We met some of her friends at a local Mexican eatery. Spinach enchiladas. Yum.

Then, before food coma completely set in, I drove the hour+ to the brother's. It was SCARY. lots of weird turns onto trickly little roads. But somehow I made it. Alive. Unharmed.

We watched Sarah Silverman's Jesus is Magic (and HE IS!). Drank beer. Now, the bed, it beckons.

Perhaps, I shall update again later. Perhaps not.

*many happy smooches of joy* I arrived in NC safely. And I don't have to drive again for five more days. *woot!*

5 comments:

  1. Oooo! You are such the driver! That's hot!
    Glad you made it safely.
    Smoochies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh -- I prefer the film Jesus is an Optical Illusion.

    Glad you made it there safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know you made it safely! Drink a martini or three for me. A very merry festive season to ye, vuboq.

    (Bongos should be banned).

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Meant to say before you left: Thanks for the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for my(our) card too! Really appreciated it. Also, huge sympathy with clapped out hire car. Guess what I picked up today? Yep, it whines...

    ReplyDelete