Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Update: I Could Use a Nap Edition

Good Monday Morning, Kittens.

What a weekend. I am totally worn out. After a completely lazy Friday afternoon/evening/night, Saturday and Sunday were a whirlwind of activity.

Saturday morning, I was up early to clean the house. I swept and vacuumed and scrubbed and wiped and washed and dried and all sorts of stuff. I finished before lunch (yay!), ran to the store, and, then, had time for a quick power nap. Around 6:30ish, Ray, Joey, Tomokito, Eric from Baltimore, and SCGB came down for pre-going out cocktails.

I made a variation on the cocktail I invented for a contest (which I didn't win):

Muddle 10-15 blueberries into 2 oz of vodka.
Strain into shaker.
Add 1 oz blueberry juice.
Shake with ice.
Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
Top with Whole Foods 365 Natural Lemon Italian Soda.
Garnish with lime slice.

Delicious.
[The cocktail I submitted for the contest used gin instead of vodka and was served in a tall glass over ice.]

Around 8PM, we went to downtown Silver Spring for dinner at Austin Grill (margaritas!). Then, we headed to the new(ish) club, Town. It was fun. I drank a bit*. And we danced a lot. Y joined us at some point (maybe around 1?). I think we left about 2:30 or so. Home at 3:30. In bed by 4.

Sunday morning. V. Hungover. And tired. Like super-tired. Like, really, I'm too old to be living this crazy life. A lot of water, a lot of sleep, and some super-hot buttsecks, and I was good to go ... by 2PM.

Because we had to be in Baltimore at 4 for Y's friend's graduation cocktail party. Fortunately, the attire was not funky casual or anything. Y called his friend and she said "basic cocktail attire." Hoo-ray. VUBOQ can rock the jacket and tie look. Y looked nice too.

The party was held at the American Visionary Arts Museum near the Inner Harbor. At some point we should all discuss "untrained" contemporary folk artists' tendency to use religious themes and iconography. We toured the museum for about an hour. Then, went to the party in a separate building. The party was nice. Good food and wine. Pleasant company.

We left the party around 6:30 to meet Eric from Baltimore for dinner at a sushi restaurant, XS. It was quite good. We left around 8.

Y had to be home by 9 to watch the exciting season finale of Desperate Housewives (aka. Refugees from 90s TV). I won't give away any spoilers for those of you that haven't seen it, but wasn't that Brian from Queer as Folk in the last scene? Or was I hallucinating?

Went to bed soon after the show ended. Got up this morning. Came to work. Am thinking about what I want to make for Meat-Free Monday tonight... possibly nothing. I'm tired and may go the processed food route. I know. I'm lame.

So, that's it. Stay tuned for an If I Were a Straight Guy Weekend Update later today (possibly this afternoon).

12:30 PM Update: IIWASG's Weekend Update is up! Huzzah!

More later. *smooches*

*and by "a bit" I mean "a lot."

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like Bossy's weekend, minus the inspired cocktail recipe and the disco and the late night and da buttsex and the sushi. But the TIRED part, yeah.

    ReplyDelete