Thursday, May 01, 2008

Whiskers on Kittens

Good morning, kittens! Happy May Day! Happy No More Alcohol-Free April! Huzzah!

Yesterday, I did laundry. I weeded a bit in the front garden. And I packed two more boxes to ship. I'll take them to the post office later this morning. I had to borrow a neighbor's paper shredder because I ran out of packing material. Oops. Hopefully, everything will be well-cushioned.

Lessee ... what else ... oh. right. The photo guessing game...

They are keys! To my apartment! I am going to give them to Y.

But, we are NOT moving in together. Gah. Srsly, it's not even been a year including the several months long break-up. Moving in together could be something I see in the long run, but not for several more years (at least!). I like my place. He likes his. Mine is close to my job. His is close to his school. Moving in would prove to be inconvenient for one of us.

So why is this event earth-shattering?

Perhaps it's not quite as earth-shattering as my overly drama queeny nature first expected (especially given some of your guesses). However, this is the first time I have ever even considered giving someone I'm dating keys to my place. Even the Cheating Cheater who Cheated Cheatfully did not get his own set. What can I say? I'm protective of my space.

And, as a bonus, I don't have to worry about locking Y in the apartment again. Yay!

More later. *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. I bought a house with my Cheating Cheater Who Cheated Cheatfully. I guess I'm just more trusting. A trait which, obviously, has its disadvantages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have given out keys freely in the past. Not a wise move probably, but sometimes I think it's better to be open and trusting. Then if I'm taken, at least I can pretend to console myself that I was the bigger person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ditto Mel.

    The big question will be if he reciprocates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, completely missed the prequel to this post. Oh well. Best of luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gayprof: It would seem that I forgot to mention that I've had his key for a couple of months (at least). I don't have a pass to get into his building though (they cost $50).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, now that I know the background about your past reluctance to share your keys, this is indeed an Earth-Shattering Event. A big step, even.
    Congratulations are definitely in order.

    ReplyDelete