Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hard Candy Listening Party

Good Morning, Kittens!

How was your Wednesday? Chock full of fun and excitement? Mine certainly was ...

After finishing laundry (clean clothes! yayz!), Tomokito came down. We had drinks and listened to Madonna's new album, Hard Candy (which VUBOQ gives two thumbs up - WAY UP!). In fact, I'm listening to it. right. now. too.

The drink of the evening may sound a bit weird, but it was good. I made vodka tonics. The twist was that the ice cubes had frozen peach slices in them. So, as the ice melted the drink started to get a fruity-peachy flavor. Delicious! Srsly.

Tomokito and I talked about our plans to see Sex and the City: The Movie. I had promised her that we would go see it for her birthday; however, Y wants to go to New York City that weekend [May 30-June 1].

I had a brilliant idea! Tomokito could ride up with us to NYC, and we could see the movie there! At least it was brilliant until I told Y about it later. Y's response:

"You want to see a movie?! In New York?! Why would you want to do something in New York that you can do in DC?!" Blah blah blah yell yell yell

I was all, like, "What? I think it would be fun to see a movie filmed in New York in New York. If you don't want to, you can do something else."

Which lead to this big, unpleasant discussion ... apparently we have different ideas about holidays. I mean, it's just New York. It's not like we're flying 8 hours to go to London. Why not go see a movie?

Of course, I'm the guy who went bowling in Malaysia [which was totes fun, btw]. What difference does it make where you are, if you are doing something you like with people you like? Anyway, we worked it out. And, if Tomokito decides to come with us, we'll be seeing Sex and the City in NYC ... and then going out for cosmos, kittens!

The only other things I want to do whilst in the big city are
(a) Stalk Puntabulous,
(b) Visit MOMA,
(c) Hang with my friends, Jake and Alison, and
(d) Drool over these shoes in person:


Delicious.

More later. *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Those shoes are delicious!

    MOMA is my FAVORITE space in NYC. You should stop by the Modern Bar Room next doors and have a drink there. Really fabulous experience.

    BTW, I went to the movies in Paris when I was on holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin and I once drove off one day to see what we could see, ended up 400 miles away from home, saw a movie and stayed overnight, and then came home. Just cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not like seeing a movie would be the only thing that you do in NY. Y should chill a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pissed I will be out of town that weekend. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please. It's not like you're going to NY to eat at Sbarros and shop at Target.

    I'm going to NY the weekend before and have way less interesting things on my calendar since my traveling companion is ten. xoxo, SG

    PS: If you decide to see it in DC, I'd love to join you. I think it'a going to suck, but I'm still going.

    ReplyDelete