Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Update: Photoless Edition

All the pictures I took yesterday are on my laptop. I will upload some photos either tonight or tomorrow. So, here's a boring, text-only update:

Friday. I stayed home. And cleaned and unpacked some boxes. And made my spare room look sort of put-together. The rug and futon mattress should be arriving sometime this week. The desk is on back order and won't be here until the end of the month. Hopefully, everything will be set up and I can have the BIG UNVEILING on October 26th at my BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party (speaking of which, if any of my fun and wonderful readers are in the area and would like to come -It is the Party EVENT of the SEASON- please send an email to environy[at]gmail[dot]com, and I will forward you the evite).

Yeah. My Friday night was thrilling.

Saturday was even more so ... I picked chili peppers and cut off dead chrysanthemum blossoms in the morning. Then, I received a spur-of-the-moment brunch invitation. Brunch was lovely. That afternoon, the Ravelry invite arrived ... and I was useless for the rest of the day. And night.

Sunday, after blobbing around the house in the morning. I went into the District to see the Solar Houses on display on the Mall. I have some photos ... stay tuned. While there, I ran into DUN's SCGB. OK. That's kind of a stretch. I walked right past him and didn't see him. He called. I didn't hear the phone. Then, he chased after me and tapped my shoulder as I was taking a picture of the ugliest solar house EVER (photo coming soon!). Yeah. University of Cincinnati? You should be ASHAMED. Making a solar house look like a 1960s public library is just bad. BAAAAAD. Fire your design team. Really. Ick.

I left SCGB and his family standing in line to tour the University of Maryland house (which was much more aesthetically pleasing) and wandered over to the National Gallery of Art to stare at Religious Iconographic Paintings. While there, Alison (see photos in previous entry), my friend from New York called. She met me at the museum. We had gelato in the cafeteria.

Then, we wandered over to the National Botanical Gardens. Then, the Capitol Building. Then, the National Portrait Gallery/American Art Museum. Then, we met her boyfriend, Peter, and had dinner at Jaleo. YUM! I loves Jaleo.

And, that, kittens, was my weekend.

PS. You might want to stroll over to dykewife's blog to wish her a happy birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Pumpkin carving party sounds so much fun as I didn't get to do that while living in your country. I only did it once at ECC. :-) Do you drink anything orange or pumpkin on that day? Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Great Vuboq Pumpkin Party sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're such a splendiferous friend! :) thank you so much for the birthday card. it was so cute!

    ReplyDelete