Wednesday, October 24, 2007

OMG! There is WATER. Falling from the SKY.

Whatever shall we do?
I know!
Let's all be late to work.
And, thus, I'm the only one here. *sigh*

Has anything gone right this morning?

Slugs are eating my chrysanthemums.*
My shoes are leaking.
My socks are wet.
Every. single. one. of. my. coworkers. is. late.

On the bright side, last night, I hung up some of the Mexican banners and they look FAN-forkin'-TASTIC! YAY!
scary sombrero man

Also, it would seem that one of the chili pepper plants in the Chili Pepper Graveyard has survived and is bearing fruit. *woot*

AND, on my way out this morning (before I discovered I am wearing leaky shoes), I met SCGB.

SCGB: I'm looking forward to the party.
ME: Have you bought your pumpkins?
SCGB: Yeah, we have two small ones, but I think we should buy a big one.
ME: Size does matter.
SCGB: It's not the size of the pumpkin. It's how you carve it.
ME: Only people with small pumpkins say that.

hearty laughter **

Plans for today: Bank. Shopping at Safeway***. Laundry. Cleaning. Waiting for the Peapod Delivery Man.****

More later, kittens. *smooches*

*Does anyone know how to keep slugs from eating my chrysanthemums?
**OK, not really, but I thought it was funny.
***Peapod did not have a few of the smaller essentials I need for the party.
****Should the Peapod Delivery Man receive a tip?

7 comments:

  1. I have a big pumpkin ... just saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pumpkins are round.

    Also, I never tip the PeaPod delivery guy and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm not sure what the rules are though.

    Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would tip the delivery guy -- but I tend to tip everybody.

    As for slugs, you could always try the pie-pan filled with beer trick. The downside of that method is that you are left with a pie-pan filled with drowned slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grocery delivery sounds tres chic!

    Slugs are supposed to lurve beer. Beer lurves slugs, too. For dinner. Seriously, if you put a dish of beer out for the slugs, they will stop by the dish for a drink and the beer will kill them by melting them like the Wicked Witch of the West. It's gross, but environmentally friendly.

    Wonderful Mexican banners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GayProf is faster in the comments section than I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And again, I covet! I looooooove that dead man hanging!

    (I'd have laughed heartily at the pumpkin exchange. Or at least chuckled heartily. Then chuckled about it whene'er it came to mind for the rest of the day. In fact, I think I will.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the pumpkin exchange was funny. Hearty laugh seems appropriate.
    How cute is the Peapod Delivery Man? He should probably get a tip, adjusted for how cute/sweet he is.
    That party sounds like fun. I don't go to many parties, tho I have an invite for one this Saturday. Annual Halloween thing, go every year, have a wonderful time every year.

    ReplyDelete