Saturday, October 06, 2007

And I Would Walk 500 Miles

And I would walk 500 more. Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to fall down at your door.

I had such a great morning at the AIDS Walk. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. It means a lot to me to know that I have such great friends all over.

Here is a little AIDS Walk Photo Essay (with an extra special surprise at the end):

Tomoko and Peter, my Walkers-in-Crime, who helped keep my team "One is the Loneliest Number" from being so lonely, looking not so awake (It was 9 AM. On a SATURDAY) on the metro.



Waiting for Peter to buy coffee so he would look more awake during the Walk.


The Walk (and, yes, I was taking a picture of that guy's really nice ass).


Peter abandons us about 6 blocks from the end. Bye, Peter. *sniff* Good luck in the Army 10-Miler on Sunday!


Finally, a well-deserved post-Walk bloody mary! YAY! Brunch.


Thanks to YOU, in only 2 weeks, I raised $815 for the Whitman-Walker Clinic, which was, like 6 Billion Per Cent more than my goal! Can I tell you how totally awesome you all are? Can I?

You all are *so* totally awesome that I had throw a little Thank You Contest!

Inspired by a line I wrote in one begging-for-money entry, "Throw some pennies at me," I decided to throw some pennies ... and nickels ... and dimes ... and a few quarters ... and a Susan B. Anthony dollar ... at you.

These pennies (etc.):


On Friday, I hauled those pennies to a counting machine [They were heavy]. I will donate the entire amount [Minus the cost of my lunch. Did I mention they were heavy?] to the charity of the winner's choice.

Every 10 dollars a person donated to the AIDS Walk equaled one entry in the contest. I also rounded up. If you donated $50, you were entered 5 times. If you donated $25, you were entered 3 times.

And the winner, picked from a bowl by my father, a retired Methodist minister, so you can't question his integrity, is ...

Chelsea! I will be making a $100 donation to the charity of your choice in your honor. Drop me an email to let me know which one.

*smooches to all* and to all a good night!

8 comments:

  1. Hooray! That is awesome, yippie! I will think about charities and let you know asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Big applause and a happy Snoppy dance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you did something wonderful and you have friends to support it :-) Sorry I missed the thing while I was away :-( Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bag you're carrying, and that guy's ass IS superfine, and donating that change to charity in Chelsea's name is awesome.

    YOU'RE awesome.

    *smooooooches*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely unrelated to most of your post, you should prolly check out cabincove.com on Wednesdays. Ass Watch Wednesdays, to be exact.
    (here by way of GayProf)

    ReplyDelete