Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Coming Attractions!

This morning, I sent out the evite for my 6th Annual Bring Your Own Pumpkin (BYOP) Pumpkin Carving Party!

I left a few email addresses at home, so, if your invite hasn't arrived, that's probably why. I'm going to be making two (2!) infused vodkas for the occasion. And, I think I might make a big pot of veggie chili as well [Especially if I can get someone to volunteer to bring cornbread]. I've invited about 20 people. I hope my apartment won't collapse in on itself.

That would be bad.

I didn't do much of anything last night. So let's take another look at my

Goals for September: How'd We Do Edition:

1. Start running [on a regular basis. in the morning. this will be difficult. I also need to buy new running shoes, so this isn't going to start until the new September budget goes into effect.] ACCOMPLISHED! (although I've sort of fallen off the Running Bandwagon. I need to remotivate myself)

2. Job Hunting [polish up the resume. devote a certain amount of time per evening to perusing job openings.] Mostly accomplished. I applied for one job. And updated my resume.

3. Plant flowers [possibly chrysanthemums in the part of my yard I now refer to as The Chili Plant Graveyard.] *w00t* (although, because of the drought, they are all dying)

4. Writing [complete at least 2 new short stories (rough drafts).] NOT. ACCOMPLISHED *sigh*

5. Finish the spare bedroom cum office Technically not done until October, but whatever.

6. Plan my forking End of October vacation!. I have decided on a destination: New York City. Currently arranging lodging.

Not much else to report. Tonight, I'll be doing laundry. Joy. Rapture.

5 comments:

  1. The "How'd We Do" edition - fer cryin' out loud you're funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you picked New York. I was supposed to tell you that Shawn wanted you to come visit here, but I forgot, and now it's too late. *sniff* I hope he doesn't yell at me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York City! What fun! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. veggie chili....

    recipe soon?!?

    ReplyDelete