Friday, October 12, 2007

Forgetfulness

Have you ever thought of a really funny idea for a post and then completely forgotten what you were going to write?

Yeah, I haven't ever thought of a really funny post either.

I did have an idea this morning that, for the life of me, I can't remember. Gah.

So here are a few tasty tidbits to tide you over ...

1. I made very good food last night: I sauteed a huge clove of garlic (minced) and a small red bell pepper (diced). Then, I added some spinach and basil, picked fresh from the garden. Next, I tossed in the last of my feta (cubed). Once that all got heated through, I mixed in about 2 cups of rice and a couple of shakes of soy sauce.

It was surprisingly good. Only later did I remember that I wanted to include a veggie bratwurst-like sausage thing that I have in my freezer. I will add that to the leftovers tonight, I suppose.

2. I'm thinking of participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) this year. I tried it once before, but only managed to write about 3 paragraphs, 3 very good paragraphs.

3. This weekend, my friend, former housemate, and free place to stay in NYC, Alison, will be in town for work. We're going to meet up on Sunday for museum-hopping and Jaleo. Mmm. Sangria. Roasted red peppers stuffed with goat cheese and mushrooms. Mm. Mm. Mmmm.

4. Other than that, I have no plans. No happy hours. No dinners. No brunches. Just me. Myself. And my newly painted spare room. Perhaps something will come up ...

Addendum: There are only 8 Gabillion 820 people ahead of me on Ravelry. *woot*

4 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy rice thingy. Speaking of which, Bossy is dropping into a deep depression at the thought of no more fresh garden basil, tomatoes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! I loves me a man who knits. Or crochets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Perhps something will come up" - he he. Knowing you, it probbly will. You pervy monkey....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about doing the NaNoWriMo thing the past couple of years.

    Thought about it.

    ReplyDelete