Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Sky Was on Fire

The one good thing about having sleepovers at Y's after pottery class is that I get to see the sunrise. This morning, the sun painted the clouds flame red. It was stunning. I'll post photos this evening.

Pottery class was good. I trimmed the two vases I made last week. Then, I made another slightly larger vase [Photo to be posted later]. What the hell am I going to do with all these vases? (Christmas Presents!) Next week, we start glazing, which should be fun.

After pottery class, I went over to Y's. I made a big salad for dinner. Then, we looked at the photos from our trip. I took a shower and went to bed. Fun times.

One of my co-workers went to Mexico over the weekend. She brought me some really great Day of the Dead streamer/banner/things (kind of like this, but different) to decorate my house for the 6th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party. So Excited!

I still have a LOT of party prep to do. Today, I'll go to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for the chili. Since I don't have a car, I have to divide up my shopping trips into carryable loads. All my shopping should be done by Thursday evening. Then, I can clean, and, Friday, I will be able to do all the food prep during my work breaks. Or, if I start to get too stressed out about things, I'll leave work early.

I *heart* the Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party.

Happy Tuesday *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't the D.C. area have ZipCar? That was great when I wanted to grocery shop in Boston.

    Have fun with the prep work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gayprof: There are both Zip and Flex cars at Silver Spring Metro; however, it seems more trouble than it's worth. The Giant is only a 10 (or so) minute walk from my house. Getting to the Metro Station would be 15-20 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride. Then, getting the car and driving (AUGH!), buying groceries, dropping off groceries, returning the car, and then walking or busing home. Hm ... I just remembered the PeaPod (Giant Grocery Delivery Service). I should check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the idea of a pumpkin carving party-- I wish I knew people besides myself who think scooping the guts out of a giant squash is a great way to spend a Friday night.

    Where are you taking pottery classes? I was thinking about taking a class this fall, but I decided that brushing up on French was a better use of my time than filling the house with pots and vases for drunken people and cats to knock over. Still, I'd like to do it in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my invitation! I would so be there in a hot minute if I could...

    ReplyDelete