The Sky Was on Fire
The one good thing about having sleepovers at Y's after pottery class is that I get to see the sunrise. This morning, the sun painted the clouds flame red. It was stunning. I'll post photos this evening.
Pottery class was good. I trimmed the two vases I made last week. Then, I made another slightly larger vase [Photo to be posted later]. What the hell am I going to do with all these vases? (Christmas Presents!) Next week, we start glazing, which should be fun.
After pottery class, I went over to Y's. I made a big salad for dinner. Then, we looked at the photos from our trip. I took a shower and went to bed. Fun times.
One of my co-workers went to Mexico over the weekend. She brought me some really great Day of the Dead streamer/banner/things (kind of like this, but different) to decorate my house for the 6th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party. So Excited!
I still have a LOT of party prep to do. Today, I'll go to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for the chili. Since I don't have a car, I have to divide up my shopping trips into carryable loads. All my shopping should be done by Thursday evening. Then, I can clean, and, Friday, I will be able to do all the food prep during my work breaks. Or, if I start to get too stressed out about things, I'll leave work early.
I *heart* the Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party.
Happy Tuesday *smooches*
Pottery class was good. I trimmed the two vases I made last week. Then, I made another slightly larger vase [Photo to be posted later]. What the hell am I going to do with all these vases? (Christmas Presents!) Next week, we start glazing, which should be fun.
After pottery class, I went over to Y's. I made a big salad for dinner. Then, we looked at the photos from our trip. I took a shower and went to bed. Fun times.
One of my co-workers went to Mexico over the weekend. She brought me some really great Day of the Dead streamer/banner/things (kind of like this, but different) to decorate my house for the 6th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party. So Excited!
I still have a LOT of party prep to do. Today, I'll go to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for the chili. Since I don't have a car, I have to divide up my shopping trips into carryable loads. All my shopping should be done by Thursday evening. Then, I can clean, and, Friday, I will be able to do all the food prep during my work breaks. Or, if I start to get too stressed out about things, I'll leave work early.
I *heart* the Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party.
Happy Tuesday *smooches*
Doesn't the D.C. area have ZipCar? That was great when I wanted to grocery shop in Boston.
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the prep work!
gayprof: There are both Zip and Flex cars at Silver Spring Metro; however, it seems more trouble than it's worth. The Giant is only a 10 (or so) minute walk from my house. Getting to the Metro Station would be 15-20 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride. Then, getting the car and driving (AUGH!), buying groceries, dropping off groceries, returning the car, and then walking or busing home. Hm ... I just remembered the PeaPod (Giant Grocery Delivery Service). I should check that out.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the idea of a pumpkin carving party-- I wish I knew people besides myself who think scooping the guts out of a giant squash is a great way to spend a Friday night.
ReplyDeleteWhere are you taking pottery classes? I was thinking about taking a class this fall, but I decided that brushing up on French was a better use of my time than filling the house with pots and vases for drunken people and cats to knock over. Still, I'd like to do it in the spring.
I got my invitation! I would so be there in a hot minute if I could...
ReplyDelete