Thursday, October 04, 2007

HTML 101

... Or how to make links in your comments clicketyclicketyclickclickable ...

Kittens, you know how much I love you, right?

I love you almost as much as I love a perfectly made martini ... and maybe a little bit more.

But I really, really, really hate it when you (No, not you. You), put web addresses in the comment sections [Not *my* comments section. Other people's. Comments on my blog are like happy little tumbleweeds rolling through every now and again ... ahem ... anyway ...] without making them clicketyclicketyclickclickable. Copy-and-pasting is so Windows 95, or whatever geek-term means "like 20 years ago."

The How To:

You want to direct all the readers of some fabulous blog, like this one or this one, to a really great post you read on an even more fabulous blog.

What do you do?
What do you do?

You look at the following example. That's what you do!

Please note that in the following example, I replaced <> with { and }. When you decide to make your links clicketyclicketyclickclickable, replace the { and the } with <>.

Example:

{a href="ACTUAL LINK GOES HERE"}WHATEVER TEXT YOU WANT TO MAKE CLICKETYCLICKETYCLICKCLICKABLE GOES HERE{/a}

Sample Comment:

OMG! This is almost as funny as something VUBOQ wrote the other day: {a href="http://vuboq.blogspot.com"}HAHA{/a}

And when we replace the "{}" with the "<>", we get:

OMG! This is almost as funny as something VUBOQ wrote the other day: HAHA

And, there you have it. Feel free to practice in my comments section.
*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Wait -- People link to things other than my blog? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean like this: My favorite blog of all times that I check ten times a day is this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bala wala shi: YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute knitted things and Japanese prizes (and clickity) at Moshimoshi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a scream. In a totally good way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um. Being the nerd I am, I'd have to suggest the addition of something like target="_new" so that your dearest reader doesn't 'lose' the blog they were originally reading?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alternatively, you, the blog owner, could maybe install WMD. It probably works on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...or not. I checked the templates and apparently Blogger's comments section isn't editable. Oh well.

    Nice tutorial, btw. ;-)

    ReplyDelete