Friday, October 26, 2007

At This Stage of the Game, I'm Surprisingly Well-Prepared

Are you sick of me rambling about the 6th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party yet?

Too bad! I swear, this will be the next-to-last entry. Or the next-to-next-to-last entry. What's the word that means that? Penultimate? Excuse me, while I go consult with Merriam. It would seem that penultimate means "next to last." Is there a word that means the one before that? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

So, last night I was Super Busy. I made syrup. I made chili. I cleaned. I organized. I arranged (and rearranged. and rearranged again.). I put together an iTunes Party Playlist. I vaccuumed the friggin' sofa, for Pete's Sake (the things I do for my friends with cat allergies)! I decided not to make the punch, because I didn't think there would be room in the fridge for it. I will make it this evening.

Today, I'm going to pick up a 6-pack of beer, a bottle of white wine, and a bag of pretzels. Hopefully, there will be enough food. If not, the kittens will starve, and I will feel bad.

The rest of my to do list is as follows:

Top clean (Don't forget to clean out the litterbox again!).
Reheat chili.
Boil some rosemary (or cinnamon?) to make the house smell nice.
Set out food and drinks. Make the punch.
Figure out where to hide the laptop (aka High-powered Music System).
Organize carving area.
Have pre-party cocktail and bowl of chili.
PANIC!!!!
Try to remember what I've forgotten to do.
Relax.
Have good time.

I think this is going to be a really long workday.

The rest of my weekend plans are as follows:
Saturday - Clean up party mess. Hair appointment with Leah the Colornatrix. Then, possibly meeting up with a former co-worker.
Sunday - Claydate with Carolyn in the pottery studio. Maybe seeing Lust, Caution at the AFI.

I am on holiday all next week! YAY! Monday, I will be prepping for the trip. Then, I have pottery class. We're learning how to glaze, so I can't miss that.

I leave for New York at some point on Tuesday (I haven't bought my ticket yet). I'll be returning at some point on Friday (ditto buying the ticket). Anyone in NYC who wants to go out to play, please let me know :-)

*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. As usual, a lot of things to do. :-) I didn't know boiling herb to make the house smell nicer. I might wanna try that. Report us back which herb smells best on that specific purpose. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to eat the pre-party bowl of chili. It's important not to have an empty stomach when you start drinking (especially as host).

    Remember to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The word you're looking for is "antepenultimate". I think the last time I actually used that word was in high school, and also in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete