Thursday, October 18, 2007

Meat-Free ... Er ... Wednesday?

A little bit of this.
A little bit of that.
A pot.
A pan.
A stove.
A cat.*

Someone should've thought of this idea years ago.
Onion. Mushroom.
Polenta. And spinach.
People who pass through this blog don't even know they've been here.
A dash of salt. Grated gouda.

What do we eat? Nothing much.
Only Macaroni.

Macaroni. Macaroni.
Underdone? Overcooked?
Macaroni.
How else could Monday (er ... Wednesday) be so sweet?

Macaroni, Macaroni.
Comforting, al dente,
Macaroni,
The food I truly love to eat.

Soon I'll be cooking food in a strange new way,
Making a yummy meal each Monday (er ... Wednesday)
With macaroni.
I will cook with macaroni.
Tumble-down, work-a-day macaroni.

Dear little noodle, little dish of mine.**

*No cats were harmed in the making of this Meat-Free Monday ... er ... Wednesday dish.
**Like, OMG, total apologies to Jerry Bock and Sheldon Harnick.
L'chaim

10 comments:

  1. WTF?!

    Mmmm, I fancy marconi. Oh wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Thursday, dear. I think I'll make homemade mac and cheese for dinner, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cooper: silly, i know. but i cooked this on Wednesday night. *smooches*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the guilt and consternation -- And now you've made it musical?!?? How will I ever compete as the perfect 1950s [vegetarian] housewife?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been awhile since I had macaroni. Now your post made me want to cook Glatin. Oyster Glatin to be specific :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved baked macaroni.. good inspiration, VUBOQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bossy is cracking up. Send glue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is almost as surreal as having Tyler Durden show up with a briefcase full of soap. *falls over*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh ooh! You would be proud of me, because I had a Meat Free Tuesday for the Masses!

    That is to say, we had a soup bar at work, and I made vegetable soup.

    Silly cow eaters. They loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Methinks the VUBOQ has had one too many martinis at 9 am.

    Can I haz marteenies?

    Hee.

    ReplyDelete