Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend in Review: Host Edition

Saturday. The upstairs neighbor's birthday party was FUN-tastic! Lots of good food and booze and interesting people and fun conversation. I think she liked her present: a super-cute purse made out of Strawberry Tea Juice containers from the Philippines (like CapriSun containers). So. Very. Cute. I got home around 2:15. Was a little intoxicated. Tripped in my bedroom, ripping off a toenail (ow) and hitting my shoulder pretty hard (ow). It still hurts a little.

Inspired by Mac's sewing adventures, I have purchased a 1950s Singer Sewing Machine from another upstairs neighbor, who is moving. $30. It comes in a cute little hideaway table thing. I'll try to find a photo or take one at some point. The funny thing? I've never sewn anything before in my life. But, I have this desire to take some of the sarongs I bought in SE Asia and turn them into curtains, or funky blinds of some sort. I'll get it when he sells his place and moves out the rest of his furniture.

I also tried to organize a movie outing for Sunday with Mike, Darryl, and Tomoko. I originally suggested The Host, but Mike and Darryl didn't want to read subtitles. So, I then came up with The Namesake. Darryl said he'd call back, but never did until Sunday morning ...

... when he said, "Oh. We went to see The Namesake last night."
GAH.
So, Tomoko and I went to see The Host. Which was a fun movie! It made Americans look pretty bad though. We are evil. As I was thinking about it this morning, it kinda pissed me off because, hey, it's not just the American Military that dumps loads of toxic chemicals into the Han River. I believe that South Korean industry is more than likely guilty as well. I guess Americans make good villains these days in foreign cinema though.

After the movie, we were to meet Mike and Robert at Alero, but Mike scored some free theater tix so he ditched us. Robert, Tomoko and I had dinner and a pitcher of margs. Then, we all went home. Yay.

I woke up this morning feeling a little congested. I wonder if it's allergies? That would totally suck.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you're going to start sewing! Before you know it you'll get all sucked in and start making your own pants. Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate a man who can sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tried to post a comment but something happened and it is gone.

    At risk of being redundent can I tell you how much I LOVE the purse you gave me? It is truely the cutest thing I have come into the possession of in months. thank you so much for it. i will always think of you when i carry it round town. u rock. before i continue ramblin about my love of it i will check to make suure the other note didn't get posted...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Americans are evil!

    ReplyDelete