Thursday, March 01, 2007

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch ...

Class. It ran late. I didn't get home 'til late. Then, I wanted to make a few edits to my story. I didn't get to bed until after midnight. I. Am. Ti-RED.

Class was good. We critiqued two stories. Next week, we have to critique three. *geh*

I think if I decide to take another course at the Writer's Center, I will look for one that has a bit more structure to it. I'm not saying this course is bad. I enjoy reading other people's work, but it's not getting me writing as much as I want. I think I need more direction ... at least at first. I have ideas which I think are pretty good story starters, but I don't really know where to go with them. And when I "free write," carrying the characters I've created across the page, they tend towards sappy, melodramatic, cliche moments. Y'know: Boy meets Boy. Boy loses Boy. Boy gets Boy back, kinda things.

Meanwhile, how about some more people take the poll in the previous entry? Hmmm? I'm a little disappointed with the results so far ;-)

Oh, and this is for you, Robert:

*smooches*

No comments:

Post a Comment