Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Find Out Some Information that I Don't Understand and It Makes My Heart Ache

Today, I met Mike and Darryl for lunch. It was lovely. The food was good, and the weather was divine. After lunch, I knitted on the AU campus until they finished work. Then, we went to Dupont Circle to enjoy the sun.

We walked to Halo. Mike left. Tomoko joined us. We drank. We ate dinner at Logan Tavern.

Darryl shared some information, which even when filtered through the lens of "Darryl Loves Drama," I still do not understand. It involves Mike ... of course. And my residual feelings towards him ... and how he may have residual feelings towards me.

I need to move on.
Yet, I feel stuck.
UGH.

2 comments:

  1. Yah, I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One, you're lonely. That's normal. Two, one tends toward depression after indulging in lots of drunk-time. (That is not a condemnation, merely a personal observation. I call it Drunkard's Remorse, but the bottom line is, drinking a lot makes one emotionally fragile.)

    So, know you're loved, take a deep breath, and wait a few days before thinking about it again. I mean, Mike, bless him, has a lot of habits that drove you apeshit from the get-go. I don't think you want him as much as the idea of him.

    Be strong, luv. Take it from me: settling for the first man who picks YOU doesn't get you anywhere worth going. You gotta remember to pick him back.

    ReplyDelete