Monday, March 26, 2007

Meat-Free Monday: Over-Budget Edition

Hm. March was not as kind to me budgetarily as February. Alas.
I figured that, since it *is* my birthday month, I deserve to treat myself. Today, I bought these from the site I linked to earlier:

Cute Belt in Orange
Cute Wallet in Purple

Love me. Love my things made out of recycle juice boxes!

AND, I decided to make pasta salad for Meat-Free Monday. AND, buy myself some nice chocolate. Even though I have no money left in the budget.

That's what savings are for :-)

The pasta salad consists of tri-color twisty pasta, crumbled feta, kalamata olives, and grape tomatoes, with a dressing made from lemon, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Hopefully, it will be YUM.

Photo forthcoming (after it chills for a bit in the fridge):

Pasta Salad


Verdict: Hm. It needs to be colder, and probably could use a bit less feta. but other than that. not bad.

3 comments:

  1. why do other countries have fun colorful fruit juice packaging and all we get is bland uninspired cartons?

    i caught up with a friend in san fran recently who i hadn't seen in years. she was designing handbags for a while and having them produced in the philippines. this is her site: http://www.lenorecollection.com/index.htm - go often, shop shop shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dumbing down the kitting instructions for me. why they can't do that for novice knitters (those not familiar with knitterese) is beyond me, much like the instructions were.

    i didn't know there could be such a thing as too much feta...ever. :)

    ReplyDelete