Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Morning Has Broken

I kept dreaming that someone else was in my room last night. Very disconcerting, and not conducive to restful sleep.

I wonder if I should blame the chocolate?

I ate a little over half a bar of Green & Black's Organic Dark Chocolate with Crystallized Ginger Pieces (on sale now at Whole Foods - 2 for $5). Total YUM. But, maybe it was the additional caffeine that lead to the disturbing dreams? Hmmm...

Also, I determined that yesterday's cold-like symptoms - sore throat, scratchiness, etc - and additional woozy light-headedness had two causes. 1) Pollen (stupid trees) and 2) my office was painted while I was on vacation.

In other news, I'm going to a happy hour tonight for my upstairs neighbor. He is moving to California on Saturday. *sigh*

I hope someone nice [and not too clompy, since he lives above me] buys his place!

9 comments:

  1. I love ginger and chocolate! My favourite chocolate, which I can't get here, is Purdy's chocolate covered ginger. I bought a box in Vancouver and ate the entire thing in one evening.

    Oh, and I am wearing a beautifully knit new hat to work this morning! ;) Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I admit it. I was in your room last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. or a ghost. :-) I wonder what that chocolate tastes like... I am very intrigued.

    Have a happy happy-hour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cooper: You're welcome. Glad it fits. I'm eating the rest of the ginger chocolate bar for lunch. So. Very. Good.

    gayprof: I wish you would have said something while there. I'm sure my night would have been much more fun.

    shigeki: I hope it wasn't a ghost. I can't afford an exorcist. Unless it's a friendly ghost. Then, it would be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chocolate's awesome. I should have taken you to Montezuma in London, which has a great dark chocolate with cayenne pepper (seriously, it's fantastic).

    ReplyDelete
  6. sin: Oooh. I wish you would have. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm in London.

    Last night, I was actually hoping to find a chocolate with chilies in it, Whole Foods didn't have any. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate + chilies = win. I used to make habanero truffles back in my chocolatier days.

    You weren't suffocating in that dream by any chance, were you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I remember to publically thank you for my hat too? If not, thanks! Mine also fits. Are you sure you're not buying these wholesale?

    ReplyDelete
  9. marve mmm. habenero and chocolate sounds YUM. And, fortunately, there was no suffocating in the dream.

    only me: You're welcome. I am *not* buying them wholesale. Each one is a unique labor of love.

    ReplyDelete