Thursday, March 01, 2007

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain

Busy day here at work.

I've been playing with the Sherwin-Williams Color Visualizer. During my birthday (March! 17th!) vacation week, I am hoping to spend part of that time cleaning, organizing, and painting my spare bedroom cum study/office. *heh* "cum"

I've been thinking about a pale green with chocolately brown trim and accent wall. Here's what it would look like (ignore the bedroom furniture, I chose this room because the floor color is similar to mine):

Colors: Walls - white mint, accent wall and trim - bitter chocolate, ceiling - antique white.

Opinions?

3 comments:

  1. I once painted my trim brown -- I didn't like it all. Brown is a really hard color to work out in interior paint. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to ditto GayProf on working with brown. Of course, I live in a wood shack so it's kind of unavoidable for me. I went a similar route, pairing the dark brown of the wood with a light green, but more sea foam and sage rather than frosty mint. Don't pick a brown that's too reddish and don't pick a pale green that's too bluish; there's already enough contrast between the tone values of the two colors and you don't want to push them too much farther apart in hue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone!

    ReplyDelete