Thanking Thanker who Thanked Thankfully
[and, technically, I am *NOT* stealing this idea from the Most Desirable Man on the Blogosphere, because I was thinking of doing an "I'm Thankful" entry last night, before I read his this morning. So there!]
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, probably my second favorite after the GREATEST DAY OF THE YEAR, St. Patrick's Day. I like it for two main reasons:
1. It's all about cooking and eating and food and drinking and family and friends. And I love cooking and eating and food and drinking and family and friends.
2. There is none of that stupid gift-giving madness associated with it. Now, granted, I like to give gifts. And, god knows, I love to receive them. BUT, I hate the gift-giving obligation that accompanies some holidays (and, I'm looking at YOU, Christmas). Seriously, how many times has a friend given you a gift at Xmas and the first thing you thought of was "OMG. I didn't get him anything?" I'm sure that's not what our friends want us to be thinking.
I digress ...
Here are 10 things I am thankful for, in no particular order:
1. Family, Health, Job (even though I hate it, it pays the bills), Home, Psychokitty Isabella.
2. This blog. Because through it (and through my previous incarnation as enviroboi at diary-x), I've met and been able to correspond with some very cool people. So, I'm also thankful for Al Gore inventing the Internet. What a sweetie.
3. My friends. You guys (and gals) are the bestest ever. Seriously. I totally *heart* you.
4. Dirty Sapphire Martinis (except ones from Therapy).
5. Saturday Afternoon Margaritas.
6. Cheese.
7. Cute shoes.
8. Days filled with sunshine.
9. Knitting.
10. Hope, and that I still have it ...
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, probably my second favorite after the GREATEST DAY OF THE YEAR, St. Patrick's Day. I like it for two main reasons:
1. It's all about cooking and eating and food and drinking and family and friends. And I love cooking and eating and food and drinking and family and friends.
2. There is none of that stupid gift-giving madness associated with it. Now, granted, I like to give gifts. And, god knows, I love to receive them. BUT, I hate the gift-giving obligation that accompanies some holidays (and, I'm looking at YOU, Christmas). Seriously, how many times has a friend given you a gift at Xmas and the first thing you thought of was "OMG. I didn't get him anything?" I'm sure that's not what our friends want us to be thinking.
I digress ...
Here are 10 things I am thankful for, in no particular order:
1. Family, Health, Job (even though I hate it, it pays the bills), Home, Psychokitty Isabella.
2. This blog. Because through it (and through my previous incarnation as enviroboi at diary-x), I've met and been able to correspond with some very cool people. So, I'm also thankful for Al Gore inventing the Internet. What a sweetie.
3. My friends. You guys (and gals) are the bestest ever. Seriously. I totally *heart* you.
4. Dirty Sapphire Martinis (except ones from Therapy).
5. Saturday Afternoon Margaritas.
6. Cheese.
7. Cute shoes.
8. Days filled with sunshine.
9. Knitting.
10. Hope, and that I still have it ...
"the Most Desirable Man on the Blogosphere"
ReplyDeletehmph....and here I was thinking that was me!! lol :)
anyway...
I love the point you made about thanksgiving being without the gift giving obligation, it does set it apart (in a good way) from the others.
love your thankful list, especially since two of them involve alcohol and of course "cute shoes"
Have a wonderful holiday!
*hugs*
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because of the same reasons you list.
ReplyDeleteI hope yours is the best one ever, babe!
Oh, no! I forgot to be thankful for Margaritas! It makes me seem so unappreciative.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving, VUBOQ!
Cheese.
ReplyDeleteI said, Cheese!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving from Fukuoka! You reminded me to thank my parents...I'll try to cook for them tomorrow...I'm still in a search for a cute Judo-boy...
ReplyDelete