Monday, November 13, 2006

Email Communication

As I mentioned in my NYC recap post below, I received an email from John. I considered not posting it here. I considered not responding to it. I considered lots of things, but, in the end, I decided to respond to it and to post both email messages.

His email was really sweet, and he obviously put some time and thought into writing it. It made me sad when I read it. I guess I still miss him.

His email:

Steven,

Don't know how you will receive this or if you will even read it...but here goes:

I got you message a few weeks ago and it was great to hear your voice. Oscar is doing fine. He is with my parents now as I finalize my plans to go to Iraq for 4 mos. If the mission isn't cancelled again, I will be in Baghdad doing counter insurgency operations with the military
fast strike teams. But anyway, I felt the need to at least respond back to you in this forum because even though I don't feel that where I'm going is all that dangerous for the most part there is certainly some risk involved and I don't want to leave anything unsaid. Everyday I walk around this house or venture out in DC I have nothing but the fondest memories of our time together...Not just as my bf but really as my friend. I miss Sunday morning breakfasts, talking on the phone when I'm away, our time in Vegas and a host of other adventures
we had together. I know my behavior was inexcusable and the tragedy of that was I felt I may have taken a guy with the warmest heart I've ever known and turned him into yet another bitter dc gay guy. It was nice seeing you at Be Bar with another guy. It told me that you were back in the saddle and at least giving it a try again.

With all that said, please know I miss you in my life and will always cherish what we had. I don't expect you to respond to this but it does feel goodto get it off my chest. Best of luck to you and may God give you blessings you so richly deserve


Love

J


My reply:

John,

Thank you for the email. I rarely check my personal email accounts anymore (maybe once a month or so), which is why it's taken me so long to reply. I really appreciate what you wrote, and I, too, have a lot of very good memories from our relationship.

I want to wish you the best when you go to Baghdad (or if you are already there). I will be thinking about you and hoping that you stay safe. I do have one request, though: If it's not too much to ask, would you please let me know when you return to the States? Well, that, and maybe if you could bring me back a Saddam Hussein snowglobe ...

Love,
Steven

PS. Please give Oscar a big hug from me the next time you see him.


So, there you have it.

I noticed when posting that this is my 504th post. *woot*

3 comments:

  1. You're so nice.

    I just have one issue with his email to you: I know my behavior was inexcusable and the tragedy of that was I felt I may have taken a guy with the warmest heart I've ever known and turned him into yet another bitter dc gay guy. It was nice seeing you at Be Bar with another guy. It told me that you were back in the saddle and at least giving it a try again.

    First of all, he shouldn't attempt to give himself that much credit. Not even HE could "turn" you into "another bitter dc gay guy." Second, he didn't really think you'd be at home moping around doing nothing did he?

    Sheesh.

    But you, you're just sweet. And funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the "bitter DC queen" part of his email, it was rather egotistical. However I think that email shows just how much he does care about you for what it's worth.

    Your email was the perfect reply, I especially was touched (as was he I'm sure) when you asked him to let you know when he's back.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad.

    Good, but sad.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete