Monday, November 27, 2006

Four Days Without Blogging is a Lifetime

And, I really need to update before I get sucked in to reading everyone else's blogs ...

Here's a brief rundown of what I did:

Wednesday: Left work at 4:30. The weather was crappy, so I bought a giganto bottle of gin, some garlic-stuffed olives, and I drank martinis and knitted all night!

See:

Parental knittens

Parental knittens! I am totally loving them! AND, now the fam's Xmas presents are DONE! Must start to work on the friends' presents now. A knitter's work is never done. *heh*

Thursday: I got up around 10. Assembled the Not Chelsea Clinton's Sweet Potato Casserole and the Cranberry Apple Casserole. Mike picked me up at 1. I hung out at his house, baking and drinking until everyone arrived around 5ish. We ate. It was good.

See:

Cranapple casserole

Mike yelled at me when I took this picture, because it "messed up the casserole." Little did he know that I come from a long line of "people who sample the cooking then make it look like no one has touched it." [Which is very similar to a long line of "people who can open Christmas presents and return them to their original unopened-looking state."]

I fixed the casserole. No one was the wiser.

Mike drove me home a little after midnight. I was still bloated from all the yummy food.

Thanksgiving! *woot*

Friday: I blobbed around the house in the morning. Mike picked me up around 3 and we went to his place for leftovers. Then, around 9, we drove out to Prince George's County for a slumber party with Darryl. We were up until at least 3. Then, we passed out. Oof.

Saturday: Very. Hung. Over.

'nuff said.

Sunday: I went shopping, but didn't buy anything ... except for a new pair of sunglasses (which are exactly like my old pair ... only without the scratches). I met Robert for liquid cheese and margaritas at Lauriol Plaza. We then wandered down to Java House for coffee and into several shops. Finally, we ended up at Halo, where I checked out many hot mens and drank too much.

I got home around 10. Fell asleep soon after. But was awakened by a loud CRASH at 1. Car accident. Right outside my window. Flashing lights. Beeping tow trucks. GAH. No one seemed to be hurt though.

But, I'm a bit groggy this morning.

All in all, a most pleasant Thanksgiving weekend. I hope yours was wonderful as well.

And, here's a hearty "Welcome to Bloglandia" to Cooper. *smooch*

Oh. I haven't done Meat-Free Monday for awhile, but that would be today. Do your part for the environment by enjoying a meat-free meal today!

7 comments:

  1. I took "your" sweet potato casserole to my work potluck on Friday. There wasn't a scrap of it left afterwards!

    "from a long line of "people who sample the cooking then make it look like no one has touched it." Ha ha! I've been known to do that.

    Thanks for the welcome! :)

    *Smooches* back at ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad MY sweet potato casserole was a hit :-)

    That'll teach Chelsea Clinton!

    Sweet potato smackdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drank Gin this weekend for the first time in years. I've always steered away from it because of a messy incident when I was 20 I will never forget. But ya know, with some tonic and lime, YUM! I think I may have a new drink.

    The casserole sounds and looks yummy!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am allergic to juniper and, thus, most gins are not my friend. Besides, gin can't compare to vodka.

    All in all, it sounds like you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The knittens are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. You gots to get a laptop and blog during the damned weekends, fer fuck's sake.

    2. Boy slumber party?!? HOW CUTE IS THAT?!??!

    3. Hot mens. Yum.

    4. Smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad your weekend was fun filled and packed with friends.

    glad noone was hurt in the car accident.

    what is liquid cheese? you've mentioned it several times and i left it thinking that i'd be able to figure out what it was eventually by context or something. Nothing of the ilk has arisen to define it, so i ask. it doesn't sound very appitizing.

    ReplyDelete