Friday, November 17, 2006

Experiencing Very Low Food Security

Our office Thanksgiving Potluck is today. I made an orzo salad. It's easy. And vegetarian (and probably one of the few things I'll be able to eat)!

This is the recipe I used [my changes in red]:

Spinach and Orzo Salad

INGREDIENTS
1 (16 ounce) package uncooked orzo pasta
1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
1/2 pound crumbled feta cheese
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground white black pepper
[Oh, and I didn't really measure the basil and pepper, I just kinda shook them over the bowl]
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

DIRECTIONS

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
After about 9 minutes, add the chopped spinach.
Drain and rinse with cold water.
Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white black pepper.
Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Refrigerate and serve cold.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for some vegetarian salad recipes, especially ones containing spinach - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete