Wednesday, November 08, 2006

3 Items of Utmost Importance

1. Yay Democrats! Gimme a D! ... etc., etc., etc.

2. OK, crazy Democratic conspiracy theorist bloggers, hit me with your best "the Democratic takeover of [possibly] both houses of Congress was all part of Karl Rove's evil plan to hold on to the White House in 2008" entry.

3. Finally, and most importantly, LOOK:

Dpns


My first attempt at using double-pointed needles! Many thanks to Chelsea, Dharma, and Goblinbox for their advice on getting started.

I'm attempting to make mittens for my dad for Christmas using Scottish wool I bought in Glasgow. So, my thoughts last night were as follows:

"GAH! DPNs! GAH!"
"Easy Striped Mittens, my ASS!" [Not that I'm doing stripes, but still ... ]
"What up with the big loopy mess that would be my row of cast on stitches?"
"I'm not sure these are going to be big enough, even though my gauge seemed correct."
"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"
"Ow."
"Maybe wool mittens aren't such a good idea."
"Five rows! I'm going to bed!"

More later.
*happy victory smooches of Democratic joy*

3 comments:

  1. This looks very complicated.. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love DPNs! No more scootching your stitches around on dumb circulars! Plus: looks like a porcupine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for going forward with the project. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete