Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Few More Questions Answered

Signalite asked:

What is your name?

Sir Gawain of Camelot.

What is your quest?

To seek the holy grail.

What is your favorite color?

Blue ... No. Yellooooooooooooooooooooow...

And that Monty Python moment was brought to you by:

the letters A, F, and G
and the number 42.

Cooper asked:

How long have you been a vegetarian?

I have been a vegetarian since January 16ish, 2000. I blogged about some of my reasons on my other (infrequently updated) blog, Envirowonk. Here.

That was the beginning of my second semester of graduate school. I had decided to go veg during my first semester; however, I was planning a trip to Beijing during my winter break. I wanted to treat myself to some yummy meat-based Chinese cooking while there, so I postponed my switch to vegetarianism until after I returned.

I do still eat eggs and dairy products. I do not eat fish (unlike some so-called "vegetarians"), but I have the "When I am in Japan I Allow Myself to Eat Sashimi/Sushi" Rule. It's only fair. Sashimi in Japan is fucking fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. Don't get holier than thou, mister. I was a strict vegetarian for a loooooong time before I started eating sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't eaten red meat since 2000, but I could NOT do without Chicken, Turkey and Fish, they are my staples!

    I am surprised that you eat eggs, there was one meatless Monday in which I almost posted a picture of my salad until I realized I had included eggs. Can you be Vegan and eat them? I always wondered.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Persian: There's a difference between being "vegan" and "vegetarian." Vegans don't eat any animal products whatsoever (some of them won't eat honey or refined sugar). I am ovo-lacto vegetarian, so I eat eggs and dairy. I don't really like eggs all that much, though.

    ReplyDelete