Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Big Debate

Two debates are currently vying for prominence in my head this morning:

1. Will the Democratic takeover of both Houses of Congress result in progress or 2 years of gridlock?

and

2. Should I take the new black Kenneth Cole shoes which hurt my feet to New York City [Did you know I was going to NYC this weekend?] or should I only take the cute brown boots?

Dilemma!

Meanwhile,

I've bought my train tickets. I know, I should take the bus. It's A LOT cheaper, but it's the bus. It's cramped. It's crowded. It's a bus. Smelly. Dirty. Ick. Whereas, the train is more expensive, but it's the train - romantic, comfortable, smooth ... *sigh* I should be an ad for AmTrak.

I have also located the hotel on a map! Yay! And, found a funky little knitting/ coffee shop in the East Village (I think) where I can hang out makin' mittens, knittin' knittens, until I can check into the hotel around 4ish. Thanks to Bala Wala Shi for the knitting shop info!!!

Now, all I need to do is find a fun, chill bar where we can all hang out on Friday evening and a fun dance club where we can all go dancing on Saturday night! Anyone? Anyone? BWS suggested I pick up a Time Out New York, which I will do upon arrival in the Big City. I am open to other ideas as well...

And, what to do on Saturday after brunch? Hm ...

In other news, last night my TV miraculously started working again. YAY! I am still going to get a new one though, because I believe that it's just being temperamental until it decides to explode or something. Anyway, so last night, I watched Garcon Stupide, which was ... well ... not all that interesting, 'cept the star was cute and frequently nekkid. I, then, put in King Kong (the new version, which I saw in the theater with John). I liked that movie. It was big. And silly. And has SuperMcDreamy Adrien Brody in it. *sigh* He should marry me.

I did laundry. I drank beer. I watched DVDs. I knitted. I ate leftovers for dinner. And, that was my evening. Fun times, yo.

Tonight, I kind of want to go out for happy hour, but I don't think anyone will be able to. I'll probably send out an email just to see ... Then, I will pack. Going to NYC. Have to look cute and stylish (if that's even possible on my part).

*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. And texting me. You also texted me last night, 'member?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should leave the painful shoes behind. You don't want blisters to be your main souvenir. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thom and I once took the bus from D.C. to New York, and swore, never again. The train is so worth it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:49 PM

    you might find some helpful food ideas here...

    Savory New York

    ReplyDelete